Mosquitoes are not only annoying, but they can also carry diseases such as West Nile virus, Zika virus, and malaria. If you want to enjoy your outdoor space without being bitten by these pests, you might want to consider hiring a professional mosquito control service. But how much does it cost to spray for mosquitoes? In this blog post, we will answer this question and explain the factors that affect the price of mosquito control.
Factors Affecting Mosquito Control Cost
The cost of mosquito control depends on several factors, such as:
- The size of your yard. The larger your yard, the more time and materials it will take to treat it. The average cost of mosquito treatment for a quarter- to half-acre property is between $599 and $800 per season , while a one-acre property can cost up to $400 per visit.
- The type of treatment. There are different methods of mosquito control, such as larvicide briquettes, fumigation, synthetic and microencapsulated pesticides, mosquito barrier spray, adulticide spray, and mosquito dust. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the price varies depending on the effectiveness, safety, and environmental impact. For example, larvicide briquettes cost an average of $100 per visit, while mosquito dust can cost up to $200 per visit.
- The frequency of treatment. Mosquitoes have a short life cycle and can breed quickly in warm and humid conditions. To keep them under control, you may need to treat your yard every three weeks during the mosquito season, which typically lasts from May to September in most areas. The more often you treat your yard, the higher the cost will be. However, some companies may offer discounts for recurring treatments or seasonal packages.
- The extent of the infestation. If you live in an area with high humidity, a lot of shade or standing water, or a history of mosquito-borne diseases, you may have a more severe mosquito problem than others. In that case, you may need more intensive or frequent treatments to reduce the mosquito population and prevent them from coming back.
Benefits of Professional Mosquito Control
While there are some DIY methods to keep mosquitoes away, such as using repellents, traps, candles, or fans, they may not be enough to deal with a serious infestation. Professional mosquito control services have the following benefits:
- They use specialized equipment and products that are more effective and long-lasting than those available for home use.
- They have the training and experience to identify the sources and types of mosquitoes in your yard and apply the appropriate treatment for your situation.
- They follow the integrated pest management (IPM) approach, which combines various control methods to target mosquitoes with minimal impact on the surrounding environment and beneficial insects.
- They can provide you with a written guarantee or warranty for their work and follow up with you if needed.
How to Hire a Mosquito Control Service
If you decide to hire a mosquito control service, here are some tips to help you find a reliable and reputable one:
- Ask for recommendations from friends, neighbors, or online reviews.
- Check their credentials, such as licenses, certifications, insurance, and affiliations with professional associations.
- Compare at least three quotes from different companies and ask about their treatment methods, products, frequency, duration, guarantee, and additional services.
- Read the contract carefully before signing it and make sure you understand what is included and excluded in the price.
Mosquito control is a worthwhile investment if you want to protect yourself and your family from these annoying and potentially dangerous insects. The average cost of mosquito control is between $599 and $800 per season for a quarter- to half-acre property , but it can vary depending on several factors. By hiring a professional mosquito control service, you can enjoy your outdoor space without worrying about mosquitoes.
If you are looking for a trusted and affordable mosquito control service in your area, contact us today for a free estimate. We have the experience and expertise to keep your yard mosquito-free all season long.