If you’re tired of being constantly pestered by mosquitos every time you step outside, it’s time to take action. While there are many commercial products available to help control mosquitos, many of them contain chemicals that can be harmful to humans and the environment. If you’re looking for a more natural solution that is safe for children and pets, consider using essential oils to repel mosquitos.
Here are 10 tips for using essential oils to control mosquitos:
- Wear long sleeves and pants when you’re outside to reduce the number of mosquito bites you get.
- Use mosquito netting or screens on windows and doors to keep mosquitos out of your home.
- Get rid of standing water around your home, as mosquitos breed in these areas.
- Create a DIY mosquito repellent using essential oils like lemon eucalyptus, citronella, or peppermint. Simply mix a few drops of your chosen oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil, and apply it to your skin.
- Diffuse essential oils like citronella or lemongrass in your home or patio to help keep mosquitos away. These oils are safe for children and pets when used as directed.
- Plant mosquito-repelling plants such as citronella, marigolds, or lavender in your garden.
- Use a fan on your patio or deck to create a breeze, as mosquitos have a harder time flying in windy conditions.
- If you live in an area with a high mosquito population, consider hiring a professional mosquito control company like Bite Back Tick and Mosquito Control. They only use all natural treatments that are safe for children and pets to help keep mosquitos at bay.
- Install a mosquito misting system in your backyard for automatic essential oil release.
- Use mosquito dunks or bits in standing water to kill mosquito larvae before they hatch. These products are safe for children and pets when used as directed.
By following these tips and using essential oils as a natural and safe mosquito control method, you can enjoy the outdoors without being constantly bothered by mosquitos. Don’t let these pests ruin your summer – take control and make the most of your outdoor spaces. Contact Bite Back Tick and Mosquito Control for all natural treatments